Pages

A New Beginning

Sunday, December 20, 2015

We are moving to Germany. Freaking GERMANY. As in EUROPE. For at least THREE YEARS.

If you can't tell by my caps lock usage, we're pretty pumped about this! I'm actually still in shock and trying not to stress over what all we have to get done in the next few weeks (purge all of our belongings to sell or donate, get house list-ready, sell my Trailblazer {Sold! To my mother-in-law!}, and finish all my OTR work). On top of this, it's holiday season, which is already a stressful time, and we've just told our parents we're moving 9 hours away by plane and taking a grandchild with them.
See? Stress.

But, at the same time, there is just sheer joy and excitement and major impatience to be there already! I explained how we're feeling to my mom by telling her it feels like I'm 8 years old and it's Christmas Eve and Santa is coming. Or, like I told my husband, like I swallowed a bunch of lit firecrackers.

Chris will be working there and P and I will be learning German, looking for a house, setting up the home, then working on exploring our town and enjoying the snow! And we will travel as much as possible on the weekends and holidays. Paris and Venice are both about 5 hours away, Amsterdam is about 4 hours away, and Scotland (and my friend Sarah and her family!) is a quick, cheap flight over the Channel (and London! I really want to go to London!).

I plan on blogging our travels and experiences so our friends and family can keep up with us. Hopefully, I'll keep this up better than the last time I tried blogging! ;)

And, just because I like blogs with pictures, here are a few of my favorites from our Christmas Mini this year with J.Woodbery Photography.













No comments:

Post a Comment