Pages

"Heimweh"

Friday, February 12, 2016

It's weird to think that in about a month, we will be living 4671 miles away from all of our friends and family. It does help knowing that we have two friends who will be roughly two hours away from us, but I'm especially having a hard time with the thought of leaving all of "my" children. My nephews, nieces, and my friend's children.

It's probably hitting harder because my best friend just had her second child this week and I realized that I will not be around for him. That when I come to visit, he won't know who I am outside of a computer screen or voice through a phone.

It's hard knowing that I'm going to be without friends. I don't make friends (REAL friends) easily. I am rather blunt, forever saying what I think before filtering it, and my social anxiety is getting worse with age. I've spent years breaking my closest friends in and I can STILL blunder aspects of our friendships.

It's a funny feeling to have waves of homesickness wash over yourself when you are still at home. I know that this move is going to be an adventure. I promise I'm happy that Chris applied for and was offered this job! I'm so proud of him I could burst! But it's going to be a big adjustment for all of us and it's all sinking in now that we have an idea of the moving date.

Now, enjoy this photo of my son loving on my brother when he came to visit last week. (He hugged on him like that for about 5 minutes!)


No comments:

Post a Comment